Wednesday, January 23, 2008

End of JTerm

Today I had lunch in Michigan at an Arby's. Four hours on the road and one giant RB sandwich... that's the way it should be. No, I accidentally skipped class because our room is possessed by a demon who turned our alarms off then back on again so I woke up to my phone vibrating on the other side of the room. Lame. Anyway, Josiah needed to renew his driver's license in Michigan so I went with him instead of showing up to class an hour late.

I leave for Ireland in three days: 65 hours and 35 minutes actually. We had our last meeting with Vance today and it's really coming down to it and I think it's starting to sink in that I'm going back. We're getting picked up in Dublin on Sunday morning by none other than the great Brian King who will take us to Galway undoubtedly with fun useless information about the countryside. Vance gave us Euros so we can take trips to the Aran Islands or Dublin on random weekends.. what a joke! as long as he thinks it's educational, it's paid for! Is that ridiculous or what?! Hey, I'm not complaining. So yeah we'll see how things go when we get there. Hopefully you'll hear from me and there might be pictures of my new home. Maybe.

It's sad to have to leave and move out again. I don't think I'll get to see Taylor and Reno before I head out and I have to leave JoHat just when we've spent a month as roommates with one class a day. Sadness. Hopefully they'll Skype with me, but it will be good to be away too. Living above the bookstore will be nothing like the wing with all its goodness and all its badness. No sweet times watching movies, breaking duck pinatas, playing four square or video games, but also no ridiculously loud guitar practice across the hall and no more dorm drama in general.

I have a speech tomorrow and I'm procrastinating. Goodbye.