This semester, I don't have any classes I hate. None that are lame and just can't wait to be done, and no blow off classes either (which can be a blessing and a curse :-p ). But my youth ministry classes are really great so far and I feel like I've learned so much in the first few days that I want to redo my practicum evaluation from this summer (because I know how much I missed... got an A on that by the way) and I'm currently in the processes of totally rewriting how I want to do U-Turn. Fortunately, my co-director, Amy, is all on board with that and I think things will turn out nicely.
Then I got a job offer.
My academic adviser (who is also my history prof and the Dead of Academic Affairs) sent me an email last night telling me that the church he's involved in is looking for a new youth minister and when he asked one of our youth ministry profs who would be a good candidate, apparently Phil thought of me. Phil was my practicum adviser for this summer, so I'm assuming that's where he gets his ideas about me since we've only had three class sessions together so far.
Anyway, it's a small church near Fairmount and it's a very low key position with incredibly flexible five hours a week working with a youth group of only five to ten teens. I still haven't decided for sure if I'm going to do it; I'm need to pray about it and I'm going to visit the church tomorrow for Sunday services to see what it's like. But it's all very exciting and I'm kind of scared I'm not ready. I mean if the first two weeks of YM classes gave me such ideas that I want to revamp U-Turn, how am I going to be ready to take on a whole youth group (albeit a small one). We'll see. I'll keep you updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment