
This image was part of the BBC's "In Pictures" of the fires in California. The series included loads of burning hills, heroic firefighters and lost and once lavish mansions.
But this picture I think is an unintentional commentary on... US. Take that how you like it.
But look at how much is going on- the world is burning around the poor fool. He's on a SegWay. He's texting.
"He's still conscientious!" you cry. "He's wearing a mask!"
Yes, maybe so but it's still a classic example of people doing as little as they can to seem like they're being prudent. Is the little mask actually going to save him?
I don't know, perhaps I'm too cynical and judgemental of this poor man who is probably a swell guy in real life. But I just found this seemingly innocent news image full of symbolism and hilarity. What do you think?
2 comments:
Agreed.
thanks for being my post editor haha.
he's probably checking up on his mother's home which may be burning as he goes to a food distribution center.
or he's just on his habitual evening segway ride.
Post a Comment